The Cuyuna Lakes Education has awarded five classroom grants for the first half of the 2012-2013 school year at ISD 182 schools.
- Invitation of a college band director to come work with the 7th and 8th grade Concert Band and with the Senior High Symphonic Band before the winter concert. Also a possible invitation of another college band director to work with Crosby-Ironton band students.
- Elementary Band field trip to attend a “Classics for Kids Concert” performed by the Saint Cloud Symphony Orchestra on May 9, 2013..
- Two TAG Readers to assist with beginning reading skills in Kindergarten class.
- Bringing the children’s hands on museum “The Works” to Cuyuna Range Elementary School for a day. This will expose students to what architects and civil engineers do; exploring structures, scale, and design. They will build a scale model of the Willis (Sears) Tower located in Chicago.
- Through acquisition of a camcorder and a digital camera, a group of students at Cuyuna Range Elementary School will be able to broadcast an elementary news show every Friday. Named Paw Print Productions, the effort will enable students to learn how to create, edit, and produce television productions. The equipment and associated software programs will be used this year and following years to take live video, conduct live interviews and capture events for the shows and help students develop academic skills.
CLEF is looking forward to reports on the results of these grants and hopes to share pictures of the activities supported.